Sunday, September 21, 2008

PLKN

Last Friday, at my school, at around 10am, all the form 5 students were called to gather at the school hall. Most of the students were wondering of what will be going on but some of them already knew it.


Aha! The question arise. What is going on in the school hall?


The announcement of the names of participants who was selected for the PLKN Session 6/ 2009. PLKN? What is that?


PLKN represents Program Latihan Khidmat Negara in Malay. It is a special program organised by the government yearly to train the teenagers to be ready to protect the country. The selected participants must participate in the program or else action will be taken. However, participants who have health problem or weak health will be accepted. This program takes about 3 months time so, all the participants must stay in the selected campsites for the 3 months.


Activities of the program:

1. Marching(I hate marching)

2. Exercises

3. Studies(about how to protect the country)

4. Learning about guns & weapons(I love that)- the only activity I like in the whole program.

5. Training self-discipline

6.& a lot more activities which don't interest me.


As the moment the first name of the participants was read, I started to pray hard that I will not be selected but luck is not on my side. I am selected. I am very unhappy with my name read by the announcer and I walk to the front to get the participants' form in my worst mood of the day. The selected ones were asked to fill in the form and pass it up immediately. Unwillingly, I fill it up and pass it up.Although a lot of friends were selected but I still not feel like going because of several reasons.

1. I have a health problem last time when I am small which is not good to tell.

2. I am weak which I can fall sick easily such as fever.

3. I am not get used to the Malay's food which are mostly spicy.

4. Too much of spicy food will make me stomach-ache.

5. I can't wake up early in the morning.(The participants must get up at about 5.30am.)

6. I can't march too long in the hot sun which will make me faint.

7. My stamina is very weak.

8. I easily get tired when I exercise or play sports. For example, soccer.

9. I need to have a long break after my SPM examination.

10. I am homesick(hahaha but I really miss my home).

Due to too many reasons, so the top 10s' will only be posted.


However, I already knew that I will be selected for the program since about approximately a month ago by checking it via sms which my friends told me to. And here's the message I received:

This is just an example of the type of message I received.

RM0.50: Tahniah!
000000000000(fake IC number) LL(my name which is obviously fake)
telah dipilih untuk menyertai PLKN bagi sesi 6/ 2009.

From: 33995


The reward & benefits for participate of the program:

1. about RM300- Rm450 of allowance.

2. a certificate which certify your participation which will be a very good use for finding a job.

3. unforgettable experience.

4. the costumes and uniforms for the program is free.

5. no fees have to be paid just pay your time and participate in the program.

6. free meal.

7. free staying at the campsite.

8. live in a a villa(if lucky) or in a hostel(not so lucky).

9. facilities such as toilet, bed, fan, cupboard and many more are available.

10. extra knowledge about the country and the society.

11. the trainings help you to be fit and build up your muscles.

& a lot more..........


Lastly, if you're interested and you have not be selected. Don't worry, just log on to http://www.khidmatnegara.gov.my and download the application form. Then, fill it and pass it up.

No comments: